Mapping Tools

Mapping Tools


MyMaps

The first online map system I tried was MyMaps from Google.  This map system was very easy to understand and is user friendly.  I found my area using the search button.  Then I added layers that contain lines or polygons and labelled all of them.  I can see this tool being useful to pinpoint where you have gone and any features you want to remember on a trip.  I really like seeing each step I have done.  I, also, like how I can make the polygons different colors.  The best part of this is that it was free.   

Source: Screenshot of MyMaps


ArcGIS 

The second map system I used was ArcGIS online.  This system has the same user friendliness.  The system gives you promotes throughout the parts.  I played with the system for a while before making this screenshot.  I could not figure out how to make the polygons different colors or how I can't see the different steps that I have done.  I do like how easy it is to make points and labels.  This would be nice to use but it is costly and not everyone.  

Source: Screenshot of ArcGIS


ArcGIS. (2022). Indiana Dunes State Park ArcGIS [Screenshot of map made of Indiana Dunes State Park from ArcGIS]. Retrieved from https://hiw.maps.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?useExisting=1

MyMaps. (2022). Indiana Dunes State Park MyMaps [Screenshot of the map made of Indiana Dunes State Park from MyMaps of Google]. Retrieved from https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1e9M9wivVCgDLNL7bgkvIqvbj08qRycc&ll=41.66651025515728%2C-87.03878255000002&z=14 

Comments

Popular Posts